License Renewal Date
CPE Reporting Period
1/1 to 12/31 triennially
4 hours in board approved ethics and regulations CPE. Ethics that is not board approved may be counted toward the technical and total hour requirement. Click here for a list of approved courses.
Other Subject Area Requirements
* Non-technical CPE credit is limited to 24 CPE hours per 3-year period. Non-technical subjects are: Communication skills; Interpersonal management skills; Leadership and personal development skills; Client and public relations; Practice development; Motivational and behavioral courses; and Speed reading and memory building.
* Authorship/Publication Requirement – after the first 30 hours, any additional credit will be determined by the Board.
* For both undergraduate and graduate courses one quarter credit equals 10 CPE credit hours and one semester credit equals 15 CPE credit hours.
* Practice Review is limited to 32 hours of technical CPE credit each calendar year.
* Credit for instruction is limited to 72 hours.
* Half credits are allowed after the first hour.
* Self-study is allowed full credit if interactive; half credit otherwise.
Other State Policies
Service on the Board’s QAR Committee, QAR Team Captain or Reviewer, participation on other Board-approved quality or peer review committees may count for CPE credit.