License Renewal Date
12/31 of odd numbered years
CPE Reporting Period
7/01 to 6/30 biennially ending on odd numbered years.
80 hours, with a minimum of 40 hours per year.
2 hours annually
Other Subject Area Requirements
A minimum of 8 hours annually in Accounting and Auditing.
* The maximum credit for instructors is 50% of the yearly minimum hours required per reporting year. Each classroom hour equals 3 CPE hours.
* Self-study is limited to 50% of the required hours.
Other State Policies
* Michigan generally accepts courses from providers that are members of NASBA’s National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
* Subjects qualifying for continuing professional education which contribute to the professional competency of a licensee are acceptable. The responsibility for subject compliance rests solely with the licensee applicant or licensee.
* Half credits are acceptable.