License Renewal Date
CPE Reporting Period
10/01 to 09/30 triennially
4 hours of the 120 hours for each renewal period
Other Subject Area Requirements
* The maximum credit for instructors is 60 hours. Instructors can receive credit for each hour of instruction and a maximum of 2 hours credit for preparation for each hour of actual instruction.
* The maximum credit for Articles/books is 30 hours
* The maximum credit for all Self Study is 80 hours. Only 60 of those hours can be in non-interactive Self Study. Each instance of non-interactive self-study credit is limited to 1/2 hour for every full hour earned.
* Academic credit limited to the following: 1 quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours; 1 semester hour equals 15 CPE hours.
Other State Policies
All program sponsors must be registered with the Board or fall into one of the following categories for automatic approval:
* The Illinois CPA Society/Foundation (ICPAS/F)
* An accredited university or college
CPE Earned in Other Jurisdictions
If a renewal applicant will be earning or has earned CPE hours in another jurisdiction, but is not licensed in that jurisdiction and the course is not presented by an approved sponsor, the applicant shall submit an individual program approval request form, along with a $25 processing fee, to have the program reviewed. The Committee shall review and recommend approval or disapproval of the programs. Applicants may seek individual program approval prior to participation in the course or program. All individual program approval requests shall be submitted 90 days prior to the expiration date of the license.