License Renewal Date
CPE Reporting Period
10/01 to 9/30 Annually
40 hours of CPE is required each fiscal year ending 9/30
Other Subject Area Requirements
8 hours of Accounting & Auditing are required.
* A maximum of 50% or 20 hours in self-study courses is allowed. Credit must be determined by the Board.
* The maximum credit on articles/books is 25% or 10 hours. Credit must be determined by the Board.
* Behavioral/personal development courses are limited to a maximum of 8 hours.
* A maximum of eight (8) hours for technical sessions of chapter meetings are allowed.
* The maximum credit for a discussion leader is twice the number of actual CPE hours for the first presentation and none for repetitions.
* Half credits are accepted after the first hour.
* Programs requiring class or meeting attendance must be conducted by persons approved by the Board.
* Practice review is not accepted for CPE.
Other State Policies
Alabama accepts courses from providers that are members of NASBA’s National Registry of CPE Sponsors and the Quality Assurance Service.
Non-Residency Licensees Requirement
If licensed in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina or Tennessee (and one is the principal place of business), the licensee is determined to have met the Alabama CPE requirements if compliant in the most recently completed reporting period of principal place of business.